Sunday 3 July 2011

Should Lolita be "condoned"?

As every Lolita knows, some do not agree with the fashion and feel strongly about it. This may arise as a few nasty comments or malicious laughter following you down the street. Some feel they cannot condone Lolita.

I was inspired to write this post as I was told my a friend tonight she felt that did not agree with Lolita, and would not be seen with me anymore, as she couldn't turn a blind eye to it any longer. I'm not quite sure why she didn't like the idea of Lolita, and although I could see where she was coming from... it wasn't as if I were asking her to dress in it, so why did it matter so much, I thought to myself.

So why don't people condone Lolita?

Yes, Lolita stands out and yes, it is often misconceived due to its name. But surely a fashion so pure and beautiful could be accepted? However, it is out of the ordinary, or at least it is where I live, and people can sometimes find that hard to cope with. I can understand that! Yet, why must people find they can't put up with it if it's not offending them in any way? Well, I suppose it's up to them.

All I know is that Lolita makes me happy, and I love everything about it! Well, maybe not the massive dry-cleaning bills, hehe. So, shouldn't your friends understand that, and allow you to be happy? I would hope so, but not always....

1 comment:

  1. Well, my bestie did not like lolita at first. I was friends with her way before I discovered the fashion. So maybe she was shocked at the sudden difference after being so use to me in regular jeans and t-shirts. But slowly she warmed to it as she discovered how much I love it. Now she thinks it's cute :) Personally, I think friends should love you for who you are and not be caught up on what you wear(cause it's quite a trivial and petty thing to be caught up on don't you think?) Though it seems my comment is a year too late, but I hope it finds you well :)

    ReplyDelete