Monday 11 July 2011

30 day Lolita Challenge ~day 1

I thought I'd have a go at the challenge thing! It sounds fun!

~day 1 - 10 things about your lolita bubble.

I'm a little confused about this one... Never mind, I'll have a go!

1) I am unique (in my area, obviously not in the world, since lolita is popular all around now!) Since I'm the only lolita for literally miles around, it's fun to be individual. It's fun to be asked, 'what are you wearing?' and explaining!
2) I have a hobby I really love and something that can pretty much consume my life. For example, lolita is constantly on my mind, all my money is spent on lolita and I check the communities and sales a few times a day! I would say I'm a little obsessed.
3) I can feel beautiful whenever I want just by wearing lolita. I feel like the clothes can change me into a different person. Add a dress and wig to my otherwise dull look, and there we have it, I feel great! Even if I don't look it particularly...
4) I'm able to ramble on and on to people about lolita and not care that they're not bothered! Because I just love talking about it!
5) And I have yet another reason to reach my goal to live in Japan.
6) I can to justify spending £100 on a dress, even saying to my parents: 'that's actually not that expensive' while they collapse in horror!
7) I have something to do when I stay up late - looking at the lolita communities and researching new prints and dresses, etc.
8) I can finally quench my desire for cute, frilly clothes, since I've found a place to buy them! (Closet Child, egl comm sales)
9) I now have something to save for, rather than blowing all my money on frivolous things. I actually saved enough for my dream dress and bought it last sunday!
10) I've made new friends, and now have a lolita penpal! I've met (well, online) people I would never otherwise have met. I've really broadened my horizons in that way! Which is great, because I'm actually pretty shy in real life.

That's day 1 done! Yay!

In other news - my dream dress should be arriving saturday or monday!! I'm so excited!! It's the Metamorphose Rabbit Cafe dress, since I love all bunny prints, and it's in mint. I shall post photos when it arrives!

Thank you for reading ~bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment