Tuesday 5 July 2011

Saving for your dream dress?

Are you saving for that perfect dream dress? Counting your pennies and working every hour God sends?? Well, I am... And it's darn hard. But of course, it'll be worth it as soon as I touch that beautifully printed material and first look in the mirror wearing it. That feeling... IS AMAZING. But what it takes to get to that feeling is a lot more difficult than it may seem. Lolita is an expensive hobby, what with all the dry cleaning bills (I think I've mentioned those before, but they sure are annoying!!) and pricey shipping costs! However, it's the price we must pay for such beautiful things. So? What can I do to make sure I reach the ultimate goal - the dream dress? Well, here are some fairly nifty (OH MY GOD, I can't believe I seriously just wrote 'nifty', I never say that!) tips on how to scrimp and save. These are more like tips for people who find it hard to stop spending, even though they really want that dress! I know there are a lot of people very dedicated to getting their dream dress, and I really admire them.



  1. (This one's a bit of an obvious one) Work a little overtime if it's availiable to you, but not too much, you don't want to be so exhausted you collapse in fatigue before actually buying your dream dress!!


  2. Try to clean your dresses a little less often to save on those evil dry cleaning bills. Instead, air them in a clean, well-ventilated place to become fresh again.


  3. Any money you earn/receive give to a family member or friend (who definitely won't spend it) so you can't get at it! You need to pick someone who won't give it to you until you have enough for the dream dress, no matter how much you beg!


  4. Ban yourself from the egl comm sales, all online and real-life loli shops. This one is probably the most important, it should help you resist temptation!


  5. Put a picture of your dream dream somewhere you can see it, like on your desk or as your laptop background. This way, you always remember about your goal, and are less likely to spend your money on other stuff!
Now, after all this, and a lot of time, you should have enough money to buy your dream dress! Enjoy it everyone, and I really hope this helps a bit! Thought you might want to see my dream dress, so here it is:Metamorphose Rabbit Cafe OP! Image from Hellolace.

What's your dream dress?

1 comment:

  1. I live off of $2 a day sometimes just so I can put all my money towards my dream dress. Luckily my boyfriend buys me dinner.

    ReplyDelete