Wednesday 14 March 2012

Day 8 & 9 of the Lolita Challenge!

So, now I have to think of ten songs which inspire me for lolita, and none of them are going to be classical. In fact, I should think all of them are going to be Japanese - the songs just sound so cutesy and nice in Japanese!

Here goes~

Day 8 of the Lolita Challenge
10 songs which inspire you for lolita.

1. Ponponpon by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - a song, which despite being fairly annoying (but catchy!) makes me think of cute stuff.
2. Still Doll by Kanon Wakeshima - a solemn, calm song which makes me think more of gothic lolita than sweet. But it's a great song, what can I say!
3. Yume no Kuni by MOON kana - I love this song! It's so cute and bouncy and happy. It not only cheers me up, but really gets me in the mood for lolita!
4. Dearest by Buddy Holly - it's just such a sweet song, and lolita really is the thing nearest to my heart.
5. Starless Night by Olivia - a really lovely calm song, it's so great to listen to when you're getting ready!
6. Super Bass by Nicky Minaj - I really love this song, and I have no idea why it inspires me for lolita, but it just puts me in a really good mood for some reason. Anyway, it's a great song... If you ignore the swearing.
7. Fascination by Alphabeat - another upbeat, bouncy song which puts me in the mood for lolita! It's well worth a listen.
8. The Opening song to Tokyo Mew Mew - a cutesy, girl tune which I love!
9. Kuroi Torikago by Kanon Wakeshima - yes, another Kanon Wakeshima song, but it's lovely, and seeing as she's a lolita-inspired musician I deemed it appropriate.
10. Finally - I Like You by Kagamine Rin of Vocaloid - such an adorable song, who can't love it? And so perfect for lolita, I think.

So I was wrong, not all of them are Japanese, but I love every single one of those songs and hope you'll give some of them a listen!

Day 9 of the Lolita Challenge
10 things you will never do in lolita
This question could be interpreted in two ways - the '10 things in the lolita fashion I will never do' or 10 things I will never actually physically do whilst wearing lolita. So I'm going to do half and half!

1. Join Loli_Secrets - I'm sorry to everyone who uses this community, but making fun of people isn't my idea of fun! It just doesn't seem right, so sorry.
2. Sell a dress, for example, for more than I paid for it on the egl comm sales - again, this doesn't seem right in my eyes and I don't think people should try and make a profit.
3. Wear Moi-Meme-Moitie! Sorry to all who love the gothic beauty of Moi-Meme-Moitie but I don't think gothic really suits me, although the gothic style itself is beautiful and elegant.
4. Make a lolita vlog - I'm just too shy! And I look very stupid on camera... And my voice is annoying...
5. Look down on people for wearing Bodyline or replicas - I personally really like Bodyline, despite being a burando girl at heart (mainly AP) and I think everyone should be able to wear lolita in spite of financial situations! Loli is for all to enjoy in my opinion!

6. Sit on grass - grass stains! God forbid!
7. Kill someone. Not that I'd ever do this anyway (being the law abiding citizen that I am), but I wouldn't like to try to get blood out of a dress.
8. Cook or bake - it would be terrible to get flour or whatever on your dress!!
9. Go to a pigeon/bird infested place - I am always the one who gets pooed on in cities, and I'd never risk my clothes perfectness in such a place.
10. Go to the seaside or beach - sand everywhere in my loli stuff - no thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment